Thinking back to the decisions you’ve made in your life, how many of them involved deciding on something permanent? There aren’t many. Choosing to become a parent is probably the most common, but many other decisions are made for temporary reasons, even long-term decisions like home buying can be reversed if needed. Choosing to get permanent makeup is something that involves real care and consideration, but it can dramatically change your appearance in ways that make life simpler and more enjoyable.
We serve a diverse clientele in our Nashville location, and every person we meet has his or her own reasons for wanting permanent makeup. Some want to eliminate the hassle of applying cosmetics every day, and others seek help when medical conditions have stripped them of their natural brows or hair.
Here are five ways that permanent makeup can simplify your life:
- Convenience – How long does it take you to apply your makeup each day? What if you could use that time for something else? Most of us could use those extra minutes for everything from sleep to work to hobbies. Many clients want the convenience of carefree mornings but still want to look polished from sun up to sun down. Since most permanent makeup involves either brows, eyes, or lips, areas known as point makeup, this procedure can give you a more defined appearance without the hassle of applying your makeup day in and day out. One of our clients recently shared a photo with the caption, “No Makeup Vacation.” This is, indeed, a time saver.
- Consistency – You may be thinking, “What does consistency have to do with anything?” For a lot of people, applying eye liner is a tough task. Whether you choose gel, pencil, liquid, or powder, lining your eyes evenly can be difficult work. Permanent makeup ensures that your liner is balanced and flattering every day. And if creating that perfect wing has you perpetually stumped, we can do that, too!
- Weatherproof – If you work in a hot or humid environment, then you’ve probably dealt with smudged makeup plenty of times. No one wants to find they’ve sweated their brows off during the day, and permanent makeup solves that problem. Everyone from physical trainers, to professional athletes, to models opt for this choice to ensure that the heat, humidity, and even stage and camera lights won’t mess up their makeup.
- A Gamechanger for People with Physical Disorders – Applying your makeup on a good day can be a challenge; but if you have trouble seeing your mirror, you know how much of a struggle it can be to draw in your brows or line your eyes. Many women quit wearing makeup in their later years due to vision problems. Magnifying makeup mirrors can only offer so much help, and the struggle itself is depressing. Additionally, people with movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, and Essential Tremor often have difficulty with their fine motor skills, like holding an eye brow pencil. When their hands shake, it’s impossible to apply eye or brow makeup. Permanent makeup gives them back the appearance they love, quickly and simply.
- Restore Your Appearance and Confidence – As we age, it’s natural to experience some form of hair loss. Many women lose their brow hairs, but microblading can restore the look of their natural brows instantly. Often, cancer and the chemotherapy used to treat it cause hair loss. For these individuals, the loss can deeply affect their self-esteem. Micropigmentation can give the appearance of hair, and people with Alopecia, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss, often choose this option. Micropigmentation can fill in bare spots, pattern baldness, or the entire scalp as needed and is a wonderful option for both men and women.
~ ~ ~
If you’re considering permanent makeup and have questions, please feel free to contact us directly. We’ll work closely with you to determine which options are best for you.